Dental Implants During A Pandemic
Is getting dental implants safe during the pandemic?
We’re all aware that oral health is a key factor to promoting overall health and well-being. Our office is unique since we were among the 3% of emergency and urgent care practices nationwide that remained open during the March through June shutdown. As a result, Lakeside Center for Dental Implants is fine-tuned to what is necessary for providing the safest treatment environment even in the midst of a worldwide pandemic.
While many have delayed needed implant treatments due to Covid-19, you can be confident in your safety for a number of reasons:
- Our office has been physically transformed to meet all social distancing and Covid-19 state and national guidelines.
- We’ve installed HEPA air filtration as of March 2020.
- We screen and temperature check all patients and staff entering our offices.
- As we have for decades, our office practices universal infection precautions.
- The CDC and World Health Organization have confirmed that no single case of Covid-19 clusters or transmissions have been associated with dental care facilities.
There’s really no need to delay your implant treatment since there are logical, health-based reasons why it’s a prudent decision for you.
- 1. Healthy, stable teeth – Healthy and well-placed teeth play a very important role in maintaining the health of your jawbone. Due to the absence of a tooth, other teeth can gradually shift to adjust the gap over time which can eventually lead to an uneven bite and cause a misaligned smile. Dental implants help keep your teeth aligned and prevent costly problems from cropping up in the future as well.
- 2. Preserve your jawbone – It is crucial to take care of the jawbone. The missing tooth will cause the area to deteriorate and this will in turn damage the jawbone. You can avoid this by using dental implants that keep the balance and help preserve the jawbone too.
- 3. Missing teeth can affect facial appearance – Our facial expression is dependent on the way our teeth are positioned. Missing teeth due to the absence of dental implants can cause bone to deteriorate and over time cause the entire shape of the face to change. Using dental implants can avoid premature aging and give you a better and a happier face.
- 4. Speech challenges – Apart from helping you bite and eat; teeth play an important role and impact on speech as well. Replacing missing teeth can help you avoid speech difficulties that could have a direct impact on several areas of life and your self-esteem.
Mini Dental implants can transform your smile and restore your confidence. Go ahead, take back that gorgeous smile. Contact us today for a consultation appointment today, 586-228-0909.